Dinner serves 4
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 50 minutes
1 serve = 2 units meat & protein, 1 unit vegetables, 2 units healthy fats & oil
This fresh and yummy baked chicken and yoghurt with tomato, mint and cucumber recipe is packed full of flavour and goodness.
- Chinese five spice, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Chilli powder, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Soy sauce, 2 teaspoon(s)
- Garlic, 1 clove(s) , crushed
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Natural yoghurt, low fat, 200 g
- Chicken breast, lean, raw, 800 g , 4 x 200 g skinless breast fillets
- Lebanese cucumber, 2 cucumber(s) , sliced
- Roma tomato, 4 tomato(s) , sliced
- Red onion, 0.5 medium , finely sliced
- Fresh mint, 0.25 cup(s) , (1/4 cup)
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon(s) , (for salad)
- Lemon juice, 1 teaspoon(s)
In a bowl, gently fold five-spice powder, chilli powder, soy sauce, garlic and oil through yoghurt. Coat chicken with mixture and allow to stand at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking dish with baking paper.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes. Carve into thick slices.
To make the salad gently toss lebanese cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, mint, olive oil and lemon juice. Divide between 4 serving plates, then add chicken and serve.