Preparation 5 mins
Cooking 10 mins
Food units per serve 0.7 meat and protein, 0.8 bread & cereals, 0.8 vegetables, 0.3 dairy
- 3 eggs - 1 whole, egg whites only of 2
- Olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Black pepper
- Table salt
- 1 slice mixed grain bread
- 1/4 cup basil
- 50 g low fat cottage cheese
- Whisk the egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a small, non-stick frying pan over a medium head and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Add the garlic, mushrooms and 1 tbs of water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the baby spinach, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Pour over the egg mixture, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the egg is just set. Scatter over the cottage cheese and serve with wholemeal toast.