Lunch: Serves 1
Food units: 2 Bread&Cereals, 1.1 Vegetables, 1 Dairy, 1 Healthy Fats&Oils
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, white and greens thinly sliced
- 1/4 red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 green capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 mixed grain bread roll
- 25 g cheddar cheese
- 25 g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 lemon, cut into wedges
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, spring onion and red and green capsicum and cook, stiring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until softened and liht golden. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and add the rosemary and vinegar. Season with pepper and stir until well combine, then set aside to cool.
Use a serrated knife to cut the tops off the roll. Using your fingers, remove the soft insides and pull apart into large crumbs. Add the fresh crumbs to the capsicum mixture, then add the cheddar and feta and stir until well combined.
Spoon the capsicum mixture into the roll shells, packing it down firmly. Replace the lid, then tightly wrap with plastic film. Place in the fridge and chill for a few hours or overnight if preparing the night before.
Toss together the spinach and cucumber. Cut stuffed roll in half and serve with the salad and lemon wedge (is using).
TIP: If you do not have time available, use pre-roasted capsicums instead.