Preparation 15 mins
Cooking 10 mins
Food units per serve: 2 units protein, 1 unit bread, 1/2 unit dairy, 1 unit vegetables
A tikka masala curry paste works very well in this recipe. It is deliciously aromatic, with a rich, slightly smoky flavour.
- Curry paste, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Natural yoghurt, low fat, 400 g
- Chicken breast, lean, raw, 800 g , trimmed, cut into strips
- Pita bread, wholemeal, 4 pita(s)
- Lime, 1 lime(s) , wedges, to serve
- Cherry tomato, 250 g , quartered
- Lebanese cucumber, 2 cucumber(s) , peeled and diced
- Red onion, 1 medium , finely diced
- Coriander, 3 tablespoon(s) leaves
- Lemon juice, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Combine the curry paste and half the yoghurt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and mix to coat.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to medium. Grill the chicken, turning, for about 5–10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, coriander leaves and lemon juice in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Place a quarter of the chicken strips on each flatbread and serve with the cherry tomato and cucumber salad, an extra dollop of yoghurt and lime wedges.
Tip: For a greater depth of flavour, coat the chicken in the yoghurt mixutre the night before and leave it to marinate in the fridge overnight.