Preparation 10 min
Cooking 10 min
Food units 2 meat and protein, 1 healthy fats and oils
- 800 g lamb steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g natural yoghurt, low fat
- 1 lebanese cucumber, grated
- 0.5 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- To make marinade mix oregano, olive oil and 1 garlic clove in a shallow dish. Add lamb, turning to coat thoroughly. Lightly season, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for anywhere from 2 hours up to overnight - the longer you leave it, the better the result.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in hot water for 30 minutes prior to use.
- Preheat grill plate or barbecue grill to high.
- Thread lamb onto eight skewers. Grill for 2 minutes each side - 8 minutes in total - or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine rest of garlic, yoghurt, cucumber, onion, parsley and mint to make the tzatziki and lightly season. Serve alongside kebabs and offer a salad.