Grilling vegetables seems to enhance and condense their flavour, adding a smokiness that makes them hard to resist. The olives add a salty contrast.
Preparation 20 min
Cooking 10 min
Food units per serve: Vegetables 1.5, Healthy fats and oils 1
- 16 roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 200 g mixed salad greens
- 16 black olives, pitted
- 1 cup basil, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar or verjuice
- To make the vinaigrette, combine garlic, olive oil and verjuice or white wine vinegar in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill to hot. Spray the tomato, zucchini, capsicum and asparagus with olive oil, then grill for 2–3 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Place the salad leaves on a platter and top with the grilled vegetables, olives and basil. Pour the dressing over the top and serve.