Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
- Dried garlic powder, 1 teaspoon(s), or onion powder
- Allspice, ½ teaspoon(s)
- Ground cumin, ½ teaspoon(s)
- Ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon(s)
- Ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon(s)
- Dried thyme, ½ teaspoon(s)
- Cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon(s)
- Atlantic salmon, raw, 300 g
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Pumpkin, any type, 1½ cup(s) diced
- Broccolini, 1 bunch(s)
- Green beans, 1 cup(s) chopped
- Baby spinach, 4 cup(s)
- Lime, ½ lime(s), juiced and zested
- Pepper, any type, ground, 1 pinch(s), to taste
- Mayonnaise, 97% Fat-Free, 3 tablespoon(s)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
To make your jerk seasoning, combine all of the dried herbs and spices in a bowl (garlic/onion powder, allspice, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme and cayenne) and mix well.
Brush both salmon fillets with the olive oil, and sprinkle over as much or as little jerk seasoning as you like, reserving some for the pumpkin.
In a bowl, combine your pumpkin pieces with more jerk seasoning, and use your hands to ensure the pumpkin is evenly coated. Transfer to a roasting tray and cook for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat a heavy-based, oven-safe frying pan or skillet over a medium heat. Cook one salmon fillet for 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven for five minutes to cook through. Keep remaining salmon fillet in fridge overnight.
Bring a pot of water to the boil and blanch half of the broccolini and green beans for two minutes. Turn off the heat and add half of the spinach, and as soon as it’s wilted, strain the green vegetables. Squeeze over the lime juice and season with black pepper if desired. Alternatively, steam broccolini and beans in a microwave-safe container or steamer.
Combine the lime zest with the mayonnaise and stir together.
To serve, create a bed of greens, top with one salmon steak and a dollop of the lime mayonnaise. Serve with half the pumpkin.