Preparation 5 mins
Cooking 10 mins
Food units per serve: 1 unit protein, 2 units fat
These patties are fantastic lunchbox options, and keep well in the fridge for several days. Take them to work for lunch, and eat them cold or warm, with a side salad or vegetables.
- Tuna, canned in water, drained, 300 g
- Red onion, 1 small , finely chopped
- Coriander, 2 tablespoon(s) leaves , chopped
- Lemon peel, 2 teaspoon(s) , finely grated
- Eggs, raw, 2 egg(s) , separated
- Plain flour, wholemeal, 0.2 cup(s), 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Place tuna, onion, coriander and lemon zest in a bowl and mix lightly with a fork. Add egg yolks (reserving whites for later) and continue to mix. Season lightly. Sift flour into mixture, and gently fold through.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon the whites into the tuna mixture and gently fold through. With slightly wet hands, form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve tuna patties with a mixed-leaf salad tossed with an oil-free dressing.