Dinner: Serves 2
Food units: 1.5 Meat&Protein, 5 Vegetable, 1 Healthy Fats&Oils
- Olive oil, 2 teaspoon(s)
- Eggplant, 1 eggplant(s), diced
- Red capsicum, 1 capsicum(s), diced
- Zucchini, 1 medium, diced
- Onion, any type, ½ medium, diced
- Garlic, 2 clove(s), finely sliced
- Tomato passata, 1 cup(s)
- Lentils, canned, drained, 2 cup(s)
- Eggs, raw, 2 60g egg(s)
- Basil, 1 bunch(s), leaves picked
- Basil pesto, 2 teaspoon(s)
Heat olive oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the eggplant, capsicum, and zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are golden. Add onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add tomato passata and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir through lentils and ¾ of the basil leaves.
Meanwhile, poach the egg. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, then turn down heat to a gentle simmer. Crack egg into a shallow bowl and carefully tip into water. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes for a soft yolk, or 3 to 4 minutes for firm. Use a slotted spoon to remove egg from water. Repeat with remaining egg if serving both portions, or save egg for poaching before serving if reserving a portion of the ratatouille for leftovers.
Serve ratatouille topped with poached egg, pesto and remaining basil leaves.