Lunch/dinner serves 4
Preparation time 55 minutes
1 serve = 2 meat & protein, 2 vegetable, 1 healthy fat and oil
This is a more substantial salad that you could easily enjoy for dinner. The happy marriage of flavours will suit everyone.
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and cut into 5cm pieces
- 8 small tomatoes, halved
- 4 Lebanese eggplant, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 3 zucchinis, trimmed and thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp paprika (smoked or sweet)
- 800 g chicken thigh fillet, trimmed of fat
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful basil (optional)
- 1 head radicchio, tough outer leaves discarded, torn
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the capsicum, tomato, eggplant, zucchini, olive oil and paprika in a large roasting tin and toss to combine well. Spray another large roasting tin with olive oil, add the chicken and toss to coat. Roast the vegetables and the chicken for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Transfer the chicken to a board, reserving the cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, cut the chicken into 1 cm thick slices and add to the vegetables in the bowl along with the balsamic vinegar, reserved cooking juices, basil (if using) and radicchio (if using).
- Season to taste and toss to combine well, then divide among plates and serve immediately.