Dinner: Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Firm tofu, 680 g, sliced
- Paprika, smoked or sweet, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Mushrooms, 500 g, button
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray(s)
- Frozen Broad Beans, 300 g, shelled, thawed and peeled
- Baby spinach, 4 cup(s), e.g baby leaves and beetroot salad mix
- Lebanese cucumber, 2 cucumber(s), sliced
- Parsley, ½ cup(s)
- Coriander, ½ cup(s), leaves
- Oregano, ¼ cup(s), leaves
- Red wine vinegar, ⅓ 250ml cup(s), 80ml
- Olive oil, extra virgin, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Garlic, 1 clove(s), roughly chopped
InstructionsTo make the chimichurri, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
Preheat a large chargrill pan over high heat. Toss the tofu in the paprika, coating it evenly on all sides. Lightly spray the tofu and mushrooms with olive oil. Working in two batches, add to the chargrill pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked and golden.Add to the chimichurri in the bowl and toss well to combine.
Add the broad beans, salad mix and cucumber to the tofu mixture and gently toss to combine. Serve warm.
TIP: You can buy pre-packed baby leaves and beetroot salad mix at large supermarkets.