Preparation 15 min
Cooking 30 min
Food units per serve: 1 unit meat and protein, 2 units bread and cereal, 1 unit vegetables and 1 unit healthy fats and oils
This earthy salad has something to please everyone and is a great lunch option. Use pitted black olives instead of the tapenade if you like.
- 1 kg pumpkin (any type), peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400 g beef sirloin steak
- 400g can lentils, drained
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive tapenade
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a roasting tin with olive oil, toss in the pumpkin pieces and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill plate or heavy-based frying pan over medium–high heat. Spray the steaks lightly with olive oil, then cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium–rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and leave to rest, covered, for 5 minutes, before slicing thickly.
- Place all the ingredients, except the tapenade, in a large bowl and toss gently to combine well. Divide among bowls or plates, then add a spoonful of tapenade and serve immediately.
TIP: Add 75-100g blanched green beans per person to increase the vegetable content.