Dinner: Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray(s), for cooking
- Mountain Bread Rye Bread, 8 piece(s), or wholemeal
- Eggs, raw, 8 60g egg(s)
- Ricotta cheese, reduced fat, 240 g
- Cheddar cheese, reduced fat (15% fat), 80 g, grated
- Lemon zest, 2 teaspoon(s)
- Spring onion, 2 medium onion(s), white and green parts, thinly sliced
- Oregano, ¼ cup(s)
- Tomato, 1 large, thinly sliced
- Pumpkin seeds, 28 g, (pepitas)
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Lightly spray eight holes of a non-stick 12-hole, 1/3 cup muffin tin with olive oil. Cut each mountain bread into four pieces, then layer four pieces of the bread into each of the prepared holes, making sure that the base and side are evenly covered. Lightly spray with olive oil.
Combine the eggs, ricotta, cheddar, lemon zest and spring onion in a large bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the mixture evenly into the bread-lined muffin holes. Sprinkle with oregano, top with tomato and lightly spray with the oil.
Bake for 25 minutes, then sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and bake for a further 8–10 minutes or until golden and set in the middle when tested with a skewer. Rest in the tin for 3 minutes, then serve warm.