Cook the vegetables until they start to darken around the edges to give this hearty salad a delicious smoky flavour.
Preparation 15 min
Cooking 30 min
Food units per serve: Bread and cereals 0.5, Vegetables 1.5, Milk and dairy 0.5
- 450 g pumpkin (any type) unpeeled, seeded and sliced into 1cm wedges
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1cm thick rings
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1.5cm thick rounds
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 cob sweetcorn
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Tabasco sauce, a few drops
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120 g baby rocket
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the pumpkin, onion and zucchini on the prepared tray and spray with cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then scatter with thyme. Roast the vegetables for 25–30 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high and cook the corn, turning often, for 6–8 minutes until slightly charred and tender. When cool enough to handle, place the cob on its end and carefully slice off the kernels, then add to the roast vegetables.
- Combine the yoghurt, vinegar, Tabasco and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then mix well to combine. Place the tomato and rocket in a small bowl, drizzle over half the dressing and toss to combine.
- Spoon the tomato and rocket mixture onto a serving platter.
- Arrange the vegetables on top, then drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.