Serves 4 (8 as a starter)
Preparation 5 mins
Cooking 20 mins
Food units per serve: 2 units protein, 1.5 units vegetables and 2 units healthy fats and oils
- Red onion, 1 small , finely sliced
- Capers, 1 tablespoon(s) , chopped
- Italian parsley, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Lemon juice, 2 juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon zest, 2 zest from 1 lemon
- Bream, raw, 800 g , 4 x 200 g fillets
- Button squash, 300 g
- Baby spinach, 150 g
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- In a small bowl, combine onion, capers, parsley, 1 tablespoon of the oil and half the lemon juice and zest.
- Tear off 4 large pieces of foil. Place a fish fillet in the centre of each and spoon over lemon and caper mixture. Bring together the long sides of each foil parcel and fold the edge over several times. Now fold in the short ends of the foil several times to ensure the parcel is well sealed. Transfer parcels to a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. (The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.)
- Meanwhile, steam squash for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Drain and slice thickly while still hot. Transfer to a large bowl and add spinach leaves. Toss to combine, and drizzle with remaining lemon juice and zest. Season lightly and serve alongside the steamed bream.